The ADAS Occupational SCUBA to 30m qualification (Part 1) is the first level of certification as a commercial diver. This course is a prerequisite for ADAS Part 2 (Occupational SSBA to 30m) and the theory component of this course explains to the student the role of a commercial diver allowing them to better understand the anatomy, physiology, physics and diving maladies related to occupational diving.
This qualification is most suited to divers conducting occupational dives for scientific, photography, media and inspection services.
The course competencies include:
- ADAHYP401A Work safely in hyperbaric operations
- ADAHYP402A Maintain effective working relationships within dive or hyperbaric operations team
- FSKNUM14 Calculate with whole numbers and familiar fractions, decimals and percentages for work
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- ADADIV403A Apply knowledge of anatomy , physiology and diving physics to diving
- ADADIV404A Assess diving casualty and assist with treatment of diving conditions
- ADASCU406A Utilise and maintain SCUBA equipment
- ADASCU407A Undertake pre-dive preparations for a SCUBA diving operation
- ADASCU408A Undertake underwater deployment in a SCUBA diving operation
- ADASCU409A Implement emergency procedures for SCUBA
- ADASCU410A Undertake post-dive procedures for a SCUBA diving operation
- ADASCU452A Perform basic underwater tasks for a SCUBA diving operation
- ADADIV453A Perform underwater tasks for a diving operation
- ADADIV461A Ensure health and safety in occupational diving in compliance with legislation
- ADADIV462A Work effectively in the occupational diving industry
- ADASSB458A Use enriched air nitrox in occupational diving operations
The ADAS Occupational SCUBA Diving to 30 metres (Part 1) course has a four (4) weeks / twenty (20) course days duration. The emphasis of the training is on preparing recreational SCUBA divers to work safely and effectively as members of a diving team using modern full face masks with effective communications to successfully achieve a variety of light work, inspection and survey tasks.
PDTA include Nitrox certification with all ADAS Part 1 Occupational SCUBA courses. The course includes 21 dives with tasks including full face mask orientation and emergency drills, standby diver rescue drills, underwater voice and lifeline communications, underwater searches, underwater surveys & photography, night dive, chamber dive, light construction/hand tool tasks and deep dives.
For more information, please visit the Australian Diver Accreditation Scheme (ADAS) Occupational SCUBA to 30m (Part 1) page.
ADAS Part 1 Course Components
Anatomy and physiology, physics and equipment
Recompression Chamber Theory and Chamber Dive
Aquarium Dive and Underwater Searches
Nitrox, Diving Equipment Theory and Underwater Surveys
Hand tools and light construction tasks
Emergency Scenario and Rescue Diver Training
Structure Survey (Shipwreck)
Zero Visibility Diving
Scientific Diver Surveys
Undertake Underwater Deployment
ADAS Part 1 Qualified